This beautiful twist on an old classic brings you a high protein, high fibre dessert that will leave you wondering how this could possibly be good for you.
This is a good size that can either be divided into 4 portions ( at 239kcal per slice) or 6 portions (at 159 kcal per slice).
Not only is this nutritionally balanced but it is also high in vitamins, now that is a healthy dessert!
Interesting scientifically proven fact about butter (there's 20g in this recipe).
Butter contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA).
CLA (available at www.boditronics.co.uk) is a supplement for fat loss. Studies show that that taking CLA led to a significant decrease in body fat and an increase in lean muscle mass overweight adults.
You will need:
- Boditronics shaker
- Mixing bowl
- Small pie dish
- Knife (for butter spreading)
- Bowl for squashing the banana
Nutrition (per slice):
- Calories – 239kcal (based on 4 portions)
- Protein – 19g
- Carbohydrate – 20g
- Fat 9g
- Fibre 2.5g
- 5 slices of wholemeal bread (crust less)
- 60g Boditronics Banana Express Whey
- 2tbs Sucralose
- 600ml water
- 10g sucralose based sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 tsp Cinnamon
- 25g softened butter (set aside 5g for coating the dish)
- 1 banana
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Put the 600ml of water and 60g Boditronics Banana Express Whey into the shaker and shake together.
- Into the shaker add the 2 eggs and the sweetener.
- In a separate bowl using a fork mash the banana and add to the shaker mix.
- Lightly coat the pie dish with 5g of the butter.
- Spread each slice of the bread evenly with the remaining 20g of the butter.
- Pour a little of the mixture into the bottom of the dish, then add a couple of slices of the buttered bread, add some more of the mixture followed by the bread until the dish is full.
- Leave it to stand for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to soak in.
- Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cut into 4 (or 6) generous portions and serve.