Peanut Chocolate Protein Bites
These are a yummy, peanutty, chocolatey treat that are chewy with a little bit of crunch.
They satisfy your chocolate and peanut butter craving all in one delicious bite. Low in fat and high in protein with zero added sugar....why have a rice cake when you can have a filling bite of lovlieness with all of the nutrition you need!
This is a great postworkout snack or a snack in between meals. At only 55 kcla per bite, you can easily build theses into your diet plan....better than a biscuit and 'whey whey' healthier! (see what we did there!)
Each 16g bite gives you;
55kcal, 6g protein, 1g fat, 3g carbs
You will need:
A mixing bowl
A strong arm and a bit of persistence!
Preparation time: 40 Minutes (plus an hour for chilling).
- 70g Boditronics Peanut Toffee Express Whey
- 30g peanut butter powder (we used Peanut Hottie)
- 50ml Water
- 25g dark or milk cooking chocolate
- 6g Sweetener (optional)
- Sugar free Granola for decoration
- Put Boditronics Peanut Toffee Express Whey and peanut butter powder into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the two powders together using the spatula.
- If using, add 4g of the sweetener.
- Add a little bit of the water and start to mix together.
- Add a little bit more water (don't be tempted to use more than the recipoe states or you will get in to a terrible mess and have to start again!).
- You will notice that the mixture will start to form into a dough like consistemcy - GREAT! you are ready to get your hands in.
- When all of the mixture is combinedm remove it from the bowl (we sprinkled a little of the peanut buter powder on to take away the stickiness).
- Divide the mixture into 15g balls.
- If using, sprinkle the remainder of the sweetener over them.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds - stir and give a little longer until it becomes 'dippable'.
- Coat each ball evenly in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle over the sugar free granola
- Place in the fridge for an hour or until the chocolate has set.