These are a moist alternative to the humble muffin, these little treats are high in protein, high in fibre and low carb.
They are so moist can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack or after a workout and are delicious with or without the cream.
A few healthy pumpkin facts for you;
- Pumpkin helps to regulate blood pressure.
- They are great for heart health.
- Pumpkins have a powerful effect on glucose absorbtion so are ideal for diabetics.
- Theya re also a super source of fiber, so you will feel fuller for longer!
You will need:
- Mixing bowl
- Wire rack
- 12 hole baking tray
- 12 x cake cases
Nutrition (per muffin):
- Calories – 53kcal
- Protein – 5g
- Carbohydrate – 5g
- Fat 1g
Ingredients For The Pumpkin Muffin
- 425g (1 can) Pumpkin puree
- 30g Boditronics Vanilla Express Whey
- 30g Boditronics Sweet Spice Mass Attack Heavyweight
- 2 large eggs
- 50ml milk
- 40g Self raising flour
- 5g Sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients For The Cream:
- 20g Lightest Cream Cheese
- 20g Boditronics Sweet Spice Mass Attack Heavyweight
- 5g Crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Empty the contents of 1 x 425g can of pumpkin puree into a b mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk and 30g Boditronics Sweet Spice Mass Attack Heavyweight protein powder and to a smooth paste.
- Add the 30g Boditronics Vanilla Express Whey, cinnamon and pumkin spice and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Give it a quick taste and add maple syrup to taste.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place the cupcake cases in the 12 hole baking tray and distribute the mixture evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, mix all of the ingredients together for the spiced peanut butter cream.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Place the cream on top of the muffins and decorate as you wish.
- Put in the fridge to set the cream.
- Remove from the fridge and allow to return to room temperature.
- Enjoy for breakfast, after your workout or with a cup of tea as a snack!