Boditronics Chocolate Protein Trifle
This stunning chocolate protein chocolate trifle, uses 3 different Boditronics proteins!
It does not have any added any sugar or artificial thickeners and it is mainly made of things you would find in your cupboards.
This recipe is a bit more time consuming but is well worth it!
A delicious treat for those times when we need something indulgent but still keeps us on track!
You will need:
- Mixing bowl
- Food Processor
- Hand Blender
- Weighing scales
- Tray for baking
Ingredients for Brownies (please see recipe for 'Beet you to it' Brownies for the 'how to make'):
- 2 Eggs
- 325g Raw Beetroot
- 60g Boditronics Chocolate Express Whey
- 100g Flora Proactive Light or similar
- 15g Sweetener
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- 100g Plain flour
- 50g Cocoa
- 5g Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for Custard (please see recipe for Protein Egg Custard for the 'how to make'):
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbs sweetener
- 30g Boditronics Vanilla Express Whey
- 50ml skimmed milk
- Drop of vanilla essence
Ingredients for Chocolate sauce
- 100g dark chocolate
- 15g Boditronics Cookies & Cream Express Whey
- 20ml milk
OPTIONAL TOPPING: 100ml Elmlea Light Cream
Protein Chocolate Sauce Method:
- Place chocolate in to a bowl over simmering hot water and start to melt.
- Add in a little water as it starts to melt and continue to stir.
- Add in Boditronics Cookies & Cream Express Whey.
- Start to add in the milk until it becomes a little thinner than a chocolate sauce consistency (it will harden as it cools).
How To Build The Trifle:
- In a glass add a 50g 'Beet you to it' chocolate brownie.
- Pour a little of the custard mix as desired, then place this in the fridge for an hour whilst it sets.
- In this time make the chocolate sauce.
- Remove the trifle(s) from the fridge and pour the chocolate sauce on to the trifle.
- Place back into he fridge to thicken.
- About 15 minutes before you remove from the fridge, whip some Elmlea Light (it may be better to use a hand blender to save your arm feeling like it's dropping off!)
- Top with desired amount of the topping (this is optional - it is just as nice without!).
- You can add some chocolate sprinkles and another bit of chocolate brownie for decoration of you want to.