Boditronics Walnut and Banana Loaf Cake
This is very similar to our XTR4 Banoffee and Walnut Bread but it has a higher protein content and uses our Express Whey.
It is called a loaf cake and can be used as part as a bulking programme or as a yummy snack when you're on a diet.
You will need:
- 2 x mixing bowls
- Weighing scales
- Food processor
- Electric whisk
- Loaf tin
Nutrition (per slice - recipe serves 12):
- Calories – 162kcal
- Protein – 5g
- Carbohydrate – 9g
- Fat 12g (but only the good fats!)
- 100g Walnuts
- 125g light butter or spread
- 20g sweetener
- 40g Plain flour
- 70g Wholemeal flour
- 1 egg
- 30g Boditronics Banana Express Whey
- 7tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Using a food processor, blend half of the walnuts until they are in very small pieces.
- Add the remaining walnuts and blitz - this will leave some like powder and some more 'chunky' bits for a bit of crunch and texture..
- In one mixing bowl, mix together the butter and sweetener until soft and fluffy (you might need to pop the butter into the microwave to soften a little first).
- Add the egg.
- Add the banana and crush with the spatula until it becomes part of the mix.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine the Boditronics Express Whey with a little water until it becomes a yoghurt like consistency.
- Finally, add the protein mix and walnuts tot he butter and sweetener mix and mix together thoroughly until evenly dispersed.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin. .
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and cut into slices. Eat as a snack with your favourite Boditronics protein shake or simply just with a cup of tea!.