Carrot And Ginger Loaf Cake
This beautiful cake is a wonderful addition to your healthy baking, it is moist and light and is perfect with a cup of tea or even with with some warm tomato soup.
INTERESTING SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN FACT ABOUT GINGER:
Ginger root has a warming effect which is believed to help combat cold symptoms. Drinking/eating ginger can keep you warm, whilst also helping the body sweat and get rid of infections.
You will need:
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 loaf tin
- Greaseproof paper
Nutrition (per slice):
- Calories – 120kcal
- Protein – 6g
- Carbohydrate – 12g
- Fat 5g
- 250g plain flour
- 60g Boditronics Gingerbread ISO Express 100% Whey Isolate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 50ml skimmed milk
- 15g sucralose based sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml coconut oil
- 200g coarsely grated carrot
- Spray oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Put the flour, Boditronics Gingerbread ISO Express 100% Whey Isolate, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger into one of the bowls and mix well.
- Beat eggs, milk, sweetener and oil in the second bowl until well mixed.
- Add the 'wet' ingredients to the dry ones in the first bowl and combine.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Add carrot and mix thoroughly.
- Line the loaf tin with the greaseproof paper, snip the sides so that it fits snugly and spray with the spray oil.
- Pour the mixture into the the lined tin.
- Smooth the top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes (don't worry if it doesn't look like it's rising a lot - this is how it should be).
- When the cake is set and ready, it will be a golden brown on top and will start to shrink from the sides
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Service with a cup of tea and even nicer....spread it with some light cream cheese!