Lemon Protein Cheesecake - A bit naughty but a lot nice!
This a bit naughty but a lot nice baked cheesecake has the sweet, creamy, fresh hit that we all desire at the need of a meal.
By using half digestive biscuits and half oats, coconut oil instead of butter and protein instead of eggs we have created a cheesecake that is half the calories but all of the yummy and luxury of One.
You will need:
- 6" cheesecake tin
- Greaseproof paper
- Mixing bowl
Nutrition (per serving - recipe serves 10):
- Calories – 158kcal
- Protein – 8g
- Carbohydrate – 14g
- Fat 10g
Ingredients for the base:
- 100g oats
- 4 digestive biscuits
- 4 tbs butterscotch syrup
- 4 tbs coconut oil
Ingredients For The Filling:
- 200g Light Cream Cheese
- 200g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
50g scoop (28g) Boditronics Vanilla Express or Diet Whey
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 5g Sucralose based sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place greaseproof paper in the baking tin
- Put the digestive biscuits and oats into the food processor and blend together.
- Now add the coconut oil and syrup and mix together until the mix sticks together but is still a little crumbly (if you feel it's still dry just mix in tbs of water).
- Push the mix into the bottom of the tin until evenly distributed.
- Put into the oven and blind bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Whilst the base cools, place the cream cheese, vanilla protein and yoghurt into a mixing bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix.
- Add 5g sweetener (perhaps a little more if you want it a bit sweeter).
- The base should now be cool enough.
- Pour the protein mix into the base leaving a small edge (5mm around the base).
- Place the tin back in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and starts to brown a little.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.