This protein egg custard does not contain any thickeners and has no added carbs, making it an 'eggsellent' a carb free option!
It is absolutely delicious with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top.
You will need:
- Weighing Scales
- Ramekin or small bowl
- Strong, speedy wrists!
Nutrition (per serving - recipe serves 2):
- Calories – 194kcal
- Protein – 13g
- Carbohydrate – 4g
- Fat 4g
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbs sweetener
- 30g Boditronics Vanilla Express Whey
- 50ml skimmed milk
- Drop of vanilla essence
- Place the egg yolks, vanilla essence and sweetener into a saucepan.
- Put over a high heat on the stove and whisk like crazy until it starts to thicken.
- Take off the heat and continue to whisk as it cools.
- Add the Boditronics Vanilla Express Whey and continue to whisk.
- If it seems too thick, add the milk a little bit at a time until it becomes your desired consistency.
- Pour a little into a ramekin or over your favourite Boditronics Brownie (see recipe on www.boditronics.co.uk). We also sprinkled a little bit of nutmeg on the top for that 'egg custard' taste.