Protein Packed Sweet Potato and Protein Slab
Although this is called it a "slab" it isn't heavy. With the sweet spice of Christmas this is a lovely combination of the texture of a brownie but with all of the flavour of Christmas.
With Boditronics sweet spice ISO Whey 100% Whey Isolate protein, sweet potato and pecans as its main ingredients this also has a beautiful crunch. once you've grated the sweet potato you mix the ingredients together so its also fool proof (after a few attempts at our end!)
The hardest part is waiting for it to cool before you decorate it.. but this is off course optional
You will need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Cheese grate or food processor with grating attachment for grating sweet potato
- 6" cake tin
- Baking paper
Nutrition (per serving - recipe serves 16):
- Calories – 76kcal
- Protein – 5g
- Carbohydrate – 7g
- Fat 2g
- 250g Sweet Potato - grated
- 60g Boditronics Sweet Spice ISO Whey 100% Whey Isolate or Vanilla Express Whey
- 2 eggs
- 50ml skimmed milk
- 50g Pecan nuts roughly chopped
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 75g Self raising flour
- 4 tbs Sweetener
¼ tsp of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Peel the sweet potato and grate using the course edge of a cheese grater or food processor.
- In a separate bowl add all of the other ingredients except the pecan nuts and mix together using a whisk or electric hand whisk.
- Add the sweet potato until mixed into a thick batter.
- Line the cake tin with greaseproof paper and spray with a little spray oil.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Optional; whilst in the oven prepare some icing as per the packet instructions.
- When you are happy that the slab is cooked through, leave to cool on a wire rack.
Optional; when the slab is cooled thinly coat with icing and add some pecans on top for decoration.