Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Per serving (1 pancake per serving) these pancakes have;
- 9.5g Carbs
- 6.1g Protein
- 2.7g Fat
- 1.5g Fibre
These pumpkin protein pancakes are certainly a treat with absolutely no tricks!
Perfect for breakfast or a protein filled snack, the taste and fragrance of these pancakes are intensified by the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Ingredients (This recipe makes approximately 8 pancakes)
- 3 large eggs
- 120g pumpkin puree
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 scoop Boditronics vanilla flavour Express Whey
- 2tsp sucralose based sweetener
- 35g wholemeal flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 200ml cashew milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium /medium to high heat.
- To a blender, add the ingredients and blend until pureed and smooth,
- Spray the frying pan with your choice of spray oil.
- Scoop a spoonful of the the mixture into the frying pan.
- Using a spoon, slightly smooth the mixture into a larger circle if it is too thick for you.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form and the batter becomes more opaque - approximately 2-3 minutes - then flip and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes. You may want to cook the opposite side of these for a bit longer than you would traditional pancakes as these are more dense.
- Serve with syrup and a sprinkle of almonds (or your favourite nuts) and maybe some chocolate sauce.